Select the RoboFab installer in the archive format of choice. (updated October 27, 2011). For your convenience we’ve included packages for dependencies in some archives. These packages can have different licenses. Please check with the list below.
RoboFab License Agreement¶
Copyright (c) 2005-2012, The RoboFab Developers:
- Erik van Blokland
- Tal Leming
- Just van Rossum
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the The RoboFab Developers nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
License for DialogKit, Vanilla¶
License for FontTools¶
FontTools has the BSD license. Check the FontTools project page for more info.
RoboFab, FontTools, DialogKit, Vanilla Combo¶
This is a zip with RoboFab + FontTools + DialogKit + Vanilla. You might still need to install Numpy if you want to do TTX things. Otherwise, this the the trunk version of RoboFab (rev 560), the trunk version of FontTools, the trunk version of DialogKit and Vanilla. Recommended by the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook for FontLab 5.1 on OSX 10.7.
Download RoboFab from Git¶
If you have git installed and you’re comfortable working with it, you might consider getting the latest revisions directly from the repository. This also gives you access to branch versions of RoboFab. Note that if you go this way rather than one of the installers, you have to take care of all the dependencies yourself.
For whatever reason you might need these, here they are. Not maintained, repaired or otherwise subject to any kind of attention. If you don’t know for sure you need one of these, please use the current release.
RoboFab + FontTools + Stuff for FontLab 5.0x on OSX 10.6 and earlier¶
Special one-click installer for RoboFab 1.2, FontTools 2.1+, DialogKit 0.1b and Numpy 1.0.4 for OSX 10.6 and earlier. This will install all dependencies compiled for PPC, and Python2.3.5 the way FontLab 5.0x likes it. Support for UFO2. The font.info object has been reorganised and extended with dozens new attributes. The as keyword has been removed as attribute in certain methods. This installer won’t work for FontLab 5.1 on 10.6 or 10.7. This installer won’t be updated.
More old stuff¶
- RoboFab rev.560 + latest svn FontTools and DialogKit + Vanilla
- RoboFab rev.560
- RoboFab rev.491 + latest svn FontTools and DialogKit + Vanilla
- RoboFab rev.491
- RoboFab rev.490 + FontTools rev.589 and DialogKit + Vanilla rev.989
- RoboFab rev.490
- RoboFab rev.483 + FontTools rev.589 and DialogKit + Vanilla rev.989
- RoboFab rev.483
- RoboFab 1.2 rev.200 + FontTools 2.2 and DialogKit 0.1b
- RoboFab 1.2 rev.200
- RoboFab 1.2 rev.172 Installer for OSX, FontLab 5.0x.
- Zip with RoboFab Only 1.2 svn rev.172
- Zip with RoboFab 1.2. FontTools, DialogKit. Fab svn revision 172
- Zip with RoboFab 1.1.3. FontTools, DialogKit. Fab svn revision 89
- Zip with RoboFab 1.1.3, svn revision 89
- RoboFab 1.1.3 Installer for OSX, FontLab 5.0x, Fab svn revision 89
- Zip with RoboFab 1.1.3. FontTools, DialogKit. Fab svn revision 83
- Zip with RoboFab 1.1.3, svn revision 83
- RoboFab 1.1.3 Installer for OSX, FontLab 5.0x, Fab svn revision 83
- RoboFab 1.1.3 Installer for OSX, FontLab 5.0x, svn revision 83
- RoboFab 1.1.3 Installer for OSX, FontLab 5.0x, svn revision 76
- Numeric-24.2.zip: old Numeric for FontLab 4.6, python 2.3.5. etc.